Roselle Park Health Information
Click here for Important Health Information
• All new students must have a physical exam upon entry into the Roselle Park Public School District. In addition, parents are reminded of the importance of obtaining subsequent examinations at least once during each of the student’s developmental stages: Early childhood (Pre-school through Grade 3), Pre-adolescence (Grades 4 through 6), and Adolescence (Grades 7 through 12).
• Parents must call the school in the morning if their child is going to be absent. Give a detailed reason for the absence.
• FEVER is considered a temperature of 100*F or above and children MUST be fever free x24 hours WITHOUT fever reducing medication prior to returning to school.
• If your child should need medication in school, parent/guardian and the physician must complete an authorization form. NO MEDICATION, INCLUDING OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION, WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT A COMPLETED MEDICATION AUTHORIZATION FORM.
• Screenings are conducted yearly within each school. If you wish for your child to not be screened, please submit this in writing to your school nurse.
• Students entering a NJ school from out of state or out of country are allowed up to 30 days to provide proof of immunization history before their provisional status begins.
Click here for Forms
MENINGITIS FACT SHEET
N.J.S.A. 18A:40-21.2 requires that school districts annually distribute the educational fact sheet on meningitis to parents or guardians of students entering sixth grade. The fact sheet is also available to private schools, although they are encouraged, but not required, to distribute the fact sheet. The fact sheet can be accessed and downloaded at
FACT SHEET ON HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)
N.J.S.A. 18A:40-42 requires public schools to annually distribute a fact sheet about vaccination against HPV to parents or guardians of students in grade seven. Private schools are encouraged, but not required, to distribute the fact sheet. The fact sheet is available at
FACT SHEET ON SPORTS-RELATED CONCUSSIONS AND CONCUSSION MODEL POLICY GUIDANCE
N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.3 requires each school district, charter school, renaissance school project, and nonpublic school that participates in interscholastic athletics to adopt by September 1, 2011, a policy concerning the prevention and treatment of sports-related concussions and other head injuries among student athletes. Information on the student athlete concussion policy and guidance is available at
N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.2 requires public schools to distribute the annual educational fact sheet on sports-related concussion and head injury to the parents or guardians of students participating in inter-scholastic sports and cheerleading and to obtain a signed receipt. The fact sheet is available at
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOL-AGE YOUTH
School districts are required to annually review the immunization records of all students, pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2(a), and it is the responsibility of the certified school nurse to review all immunization records under N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.3(b)3v. The NJDOE provided additional information to schools regarding enrollment considerations for homeless and immigrant students on August 23, 2016. The broadcast memo can be accessed at
Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2(i), school districts are required to make accessible information regarding the NJ FamilyCare Program for students who are knowingly without medical coverage. For more information regarding the NJ FamilyCare program, please go to
N.J.S.A. 18A: 40-41.9b requires each school district and nonpublic school to annually distribute the educational fact sheet on sports-related eye injuries to the parents or guardians of the students. The fact sheet can be accessed at
Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41c through d, school districts must distribute the Sudden Cardiac Death In Young Athletes pamphlet to each student-athlete and to the parents or guardians of the student-athlete. The pamphlet can be found at
The student athlete and parent or guardian certification and sign-off sheet can be found at